1) Palisades Park-Watch the surfers from Palisades Park (Ocean Blvd., between Law/Wilbur Streets) - Watch as surfers catch waves from the cliffs above at Palisades Park. The ocean glimmers with Crystal Pier as a backdrop in the distance. Sip on coffee from nearby Pacific Bean as you watch the sunrise or grab food to go from Café 976 for a picnic at sunset.
2) Costa Brava-Enjoy Happy Hour at Costa Brava, Garnet Avenue – Sangria and Tapas – need we say more. Almost hidden on bustling Garnet Avenue, step through the green ivy and enter the world of Spanish Tapas and Sangria. A full dinner menu is also available. The bartenders are fun and the food amazing (the marinated mushrooms are a must). Their Happy Hour is from 4-6pm daily and as a bonus check out their Pata Negra cheese shop right next door.
3) Bike the Strand-One of the best ways to spend a sunny day in PB is to grab a beach cruiser and ride up and down the Strand. Great scenery, the sunshine glimmering off the water and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. Peddle down to Belmont Park and stop off at the Wave House and catch some waves on their artificial wave machines.
4) Cali Burrito @ PB Shore Club-The Burrito may have not been invented in San Diego but San Diego has definitely perfected it. Loaded with Carne Asada, French Fries, Cheese, Sour Cream, & Pico de Gallo, the Cali Burrito has become a staple of San Diego food culture and nobody does it better than PB Shore Club. Wash it down with a few Pacificos and watch the sunset from Shore Club's Ocean Front Bar & Grill.
5) Better Buzz-Sip on some fabulous coffee from Better Buzz. Better Buzz is a San Diego institution for coffee lovers. With only a handful of locations in the San Diego area, Pacific Beach is lucky to have 2 locations nearby. (Garnet Avenue & Mission Blvd) They don’t call it the ‘Best Drink Ever’ for nothing!
6) Paddle Board Sail Bay-The calm water of nearby Sail Bay (Mission Bay) make it the perfect place to Paddle the day away. Grab some lunch or a cold drink at the bay front outdoor restaurant at the Catamaran Resort and watch the sun move over the Bay and drift off into the Pacific from their chaise lounge chairs that are open to the public.
7) Garnet Avenue Pub Crawl-There is one thing Pacific Beach isn't lacking and that is great day drinking Bars. Bustling Garnet Avenue is lined for nearly a mile with great bars like the Tavern, PB Cantina, & Bub's. Head north or south on Mission Blvd and you will find many more options like Duck Dive, Miller's Field, or PB Ale House. Plan your route in advance or just head where the day takes you. In PB, there is always a cold drink nearby.
8) Kate Sessions Park-Spend an afternoon relaxing at Kate Sessions Park. Pack a few beach towels, some sunscreen, and be prepared to relax. Kate Sessions Park offers unparalleled views of PB, downtown San Diego, and even Coronado Bridge on a clear day. The hillside portion of the park is filled with couples lounging in the grass or under the trees and dog owners playing catch with their pups. Don’t forget about the additional 60 acres features hiking trails through natural sage shrub.
9) The Patio on Lamont Street. Brunch at The Patio is a PB must. The portions are huge, food is delectable, and the atmosphere is electric. Bring your best four-legged friend and receive half off of their dog-themed brunch cocktails. Keep in mind that anytime at The Patio is a good time – Happy Hour cocktails at the Bar, Dinner with friends on the Patio sipping fine wine by their fireplace, or a private event in their indoor dining space.
10) Sunset on the Beach- San Diego has some of the best sunsets in the world. Post up in your beach chair, sip some wine on the terrace at the oceanfront TWR 23's JRDN Restaurant or head out into the surf. Wherever you end up, you are sure to see a gorgeous sunset.